Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tatting On the AntiCraft!

For those of you who haven't checked out The AntiCraft yet, you really should. It's a online 'zine that caters to more alternative crafts. If there's any place online you'll be able to find me it's the forums there.

Anyways this issue is the first ever to include tatting, a pattern written by yours truly. The pattern is called Midnight Violets. It's a beginners edging pattern, but don't let that stop you if you're a more experienced tatter. There's a lot to be done with it. I look forward to seeing what other people can do with it! Have fun!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Midnight violets is a lovely, lovely edging! I really adore trims with that tipped look and haven't seen one like yours in....well, ever! Well done. And I can't wait to try it.

    (Your diagrams do not include stitch counts, are the number of stitches between the picots all the same?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all the stitch counts are 3. It makes it much easier to remember. All you have to count are the number of picots and joins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the edging pattern will certainly give it a try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to try to make this when I find the time, I'd love it as a necklace <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous edging! Thank you for sharing the source for the pattern. It's always so considerate when tatters remember to do that. Thanks again!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have much use for edgings, but this one is a different story altogether. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you also for putting a picture that can be enlarged so much while maintaining the details. That is the best way for me to learn.

    ReplyDelete