Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tradgedy

I killed my computer. *sobbing* All my patterns, my pictures, my files for the books I'm working on, everything. All through a simple act of momentary stupidity, when I set my just-made cup of coffee next to my laptop, and watched in horror as it spilled all across the keyboard. Thankfully my brother, who is a computer guy, was there, and knew to immediately remove the power cord and battery. He opened it up for me, and cleaned out the joe. [What a waste of a perfectly good cup of coffee, too.] He says it should survive. If it doesn't, it's going to take me a long while to save up the $1,500 for a new one. *sigh* I love my mac's, but I hate the price. Especially as a stay-at-home mom with no job. I guess this means I'll be reopening my Etsy shop. And I'll be borrowing time on my dh's pc until we find out for sure.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. My computer time and tatting time are both usually accompanied with a beverage. I've come close to a similar tragedy a time or two, but it hasn't changed my habits, I'm afraid. I fervently hope your brother manages to save your computer. As I read of your tragedy, I remembered that it has been a few weeks since I backed up my own data. So I've plugged in to my desktop harddrive to let it do its thing.

    Sympathy from a fellow Mac user,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your laptop. Accedents to happen. But you was lucky to have your brother there when this happened. I wish you the best of luck with getting all your patterns & pictures back & this one working again. I'm praying for you that things work out for you on this one.
    But your comment on the wasted cup of coffee would be the same attitude as I would have over it happening to me. I really do wish you the best of luck cause I know how serious this situation is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, that really is terrible, hon. So sorry to hear it. Don't blame yourself, though. It could have happened to any of us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! An expensive cuppa joe....
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm crossing my fingers for you computer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry....for the coffee (I'm an addict). For the pictures I will give piece of advise, called flash-drive. Mine is pink and with tatted charm from Fox attached to it. Best idea ever!!
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VFP6AzESRXM/TCotcULFnCI/AAAAAAAAF44/at2tTSZ1bQc/s1600/DSC02158.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  7. An external hard drive is a must! [See next post] And now the dh is upset because I "broke" his pc. *sigh* I keep telling him, it's not me, pc's just hate me! They have been known to break simply by me walking into a room. True story.

    ReplyDelete