Thursday, May 19, 2011

Doctor, Doctor

I was doing so good on keeping up with all my various projects. And then I caught a bug. A very nasty, persistent bug. It's had me up late at night, hunched over in frustration, cursing up a storm. That's right. I caught the Summer Sewing Bug!

It started out of necessity, when we were hit with a sudden bought of hot weather [which has since vanished, but that's besides the point.] and I realized that Rhy didn't have a single pair of shorts that would last him the summer. The leftovers from last summer he did have were barely squeezing by, literally. And then, inspiration. Am I or am I not a crafter? Who needs to go buy 20$ shorts that take less than a yard of material when I have a sewing machine?! So, I bought a few half yards of awesome material and got to sewing. And was immediately hooked.

I've made him two pairs already, and have enough material for two more. But I don't think I'll be able to stop there. They are positively the CUTEST SHORTS EVER. And, of course, as soon as I have something really awesome to share... I can't find my camera. So until the gnomes bring it back, you will just have to take my word for it. But trust me. They really are.

Now does anyone else need some handmade kids clothes? Cause I'm having a blast with these, and I'll take any excuse to keep this bug going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment